Thursday, October 4, 2012

You Are My Home

Today, I miss my family. I miss the sound of five little voices calling, “Lyric!” when I enter the door on Sunday mornings before church.

I miss the ever-large smiles and dimples, the hugs and cuddles, the energy and curiosity of my beautiful little siblings.

I miss watching them develop relationships with God and with each other. I miss seeing them dance, hearing them sing, and watching them laugh at Dad’s silly jokes. I miss trying to decide whose turn it is to pray and waking up the birthday person with a song. I miss the sparkling cleanliness of our kitchen and dining room. I miss the dim lighting of our living room and big comfy couches to sit on when it’s raining outside. I miss the strange whining howls that emit from our dog’s mouth when she’s excited.

I miss black and red, and wooden floors. I miss laughing so hard my belly hurts. I miss long talks when I should be sleeping or studying. I miss constantly seeing the face and character of God being reflected so succinctly in the lives, attitudes, decisions and (most of all) the love of my parents.

I miss you. As I move forward into this new life God has called me to, know that you are always my home.

"The Lord sets the lonely in families." (Ps. 68:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment